JBL Electric & McPhee Electric, both Phalcon companies, combined resources and installed 115KV and 345KV GIS switchgear to accommodate the new 115KV XLPE underground cable and 345KV HPFF cable positions at the Hyde Park substation including the following scope of work:
- Installation of two 115KV GIS CB’s
- 115KV XPLE terminations to GIS and GIB interconnects
- Installation of one 345KV HPFF terminations to GIS and GIB interconnects
- Construction of 115KV and 345KV LCC’s
- P&C cabling from LCC to the equipment
- Installation of SF-6 leak monitoring system
- Construction of steel support access platforms
Additionally, the Phalcon companies installed three capacitors, replaced manifolds, and assembled potheads. Two cable trays were also installed along with ground level wiring and above grade conduit and wiring.
Testing of all electrical equipment upon completion of the construction was also provided. This fast-paced project schedule was completed on time with 8,700 labor hours provided by Phalcon companies.
Burns & McDonnell is a global leader in the execution of energy projects for all types of customers and utilities. In this case B&M acted as the Program Manager for Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSEG).